HOW TO REPLACE THE BATTERY IN MOST MODELS OF LIFTMASTER GARAGE DOOR OPENERS
- To reduce the risk of FIRE or INJURY to persons:
- Disconnect ALL electric and battery power BEFORE performing ANY service or maintenance.
- Use ONLY a LiftMaster approved replacement battery.
- DO NOT dispose of battery in fire. Battery may explode.
- Check with local codes for instructions on how to dispose of batteries.
HOW TO REPLACE THE BATTERY
Disconnect power to the LiftMaster garage door opener opener.
Using a Phillips head screwdriver, remove the battery cover on the motor unit.
Remove the old battery and property discard it.
Partially insert the new battery into motor unit with the terminals facing out.
Connect the red (+) and black (-) wires from motor unit to corresponding terminals on the battery.
Verify that the battery wires are seated in the channel.
Replace the battery cover.
Reconnect the power to the LiftMaster Garage Door Opener.
The Garage Shield
Have you thought about how easy it is for burglars to break into your garage by manipulating the garage door opener? The Garage Shield prevents burglars from using a coat hanger or wire to reach the emergency cord. It’s an easy installation and takes only a few minutes. Once installed, the Garage Shield allows for unimpeded use of the emergency cord and allows you to use your garage door as you normally do.
Be sure to check out THE GARAGE SHIELD. It provides an added layer of security as well as peace-of-mind against garage break-ins.