The 6-second break-in is a garage door break-in that exploits or hacks a weakness in your release system. The release system disengages your overhead door from your opener so that it can be used during a power outage. The system features an emergency release cord that hangs down, usually with a red handle. Pulling this cord activates the release system. This means the door can be opened manually, as well as bypassing the locking system of your opener.
Prevent the 6-second break-in with a Garage Shield and eliminate the risk to the six-second break-in itself. It is a separate piece of hardware you can easily install yourself in seconds. It slides over the emergency release mechanism and carriage to block access to the release.
- Criminal gains access to your home without leaving evidence
- No broken glass/door, so cops think a false alarm
- No one wakes up: Dogs /neighbors / or YOU
- Criminal parks pickup in garage and loads up
- Criminal is violent and attacks while you sleep
Be sure to check out THE GARAGE SHIELD. It provides an added layer of security as well as peace-of-mind against garage break-ins.« Back to Home Security Guide