Ideas for Decorating Your Largest Canvas – The Garage Door
‘Tis the season for decorating – the time of year to bring the warmth of the holidays to your home both inside and out. But, while many people string lights, trim with garland, and may even have a festival of inflatables on their lawns, most people forget the largest blank canvas – the garage door. This year, add some holiday cheer to a place you may otherwise leave off your list – decorate your garage door.
Need some ideas for decorating your garage door? We can help.
- Looking for something traditional? Hang a wreath in the center of your garage door.
- Buy too much wrapping paper at the school fundraiser? Wrap your door with the paper and add a bow for a special finishing touch.
- Want to brighten things up? Try battery operated or solar lights for a festive glow.
- Need a great look with little effort? Try garage door magnets or cling decals to create a joyful facade that can be re-used year after year.
- Looking for something that will last? Try a decal like those seen here.
No matter how you’re decorating your garage door, be sure to keep decorations away from hinges and check to make sure they don’t affect how your door opens and closes.
If you have other decorating ideas or want to show off what you’ve done, share a photo on our Facebook or Pinterest pages.