Garage Door Maintenance is Crucial for Long Life
Does your garage door creak, squeak, or groan when you open or close it? If so, that isn’t a good sign. But noticing this is the first step to fixing what could become a major home repair issue.
Newly released survey results show that you’re probably not alone with your maintenance concerns. The online survey was conducted by the Harris Poll on behalf of the International Door Association (IDA), the world’s largest association of professional garage door and access systems dealers and installers, and its consumer website GarageDoorCare.com. It reveals that 82% of Americans who own a house with a garage/garage door may be taking the maintenance of the largest and heaviest moving object in their home for granted. Consider this:
- 54% have never had a garage door and/or garage door opener safety check performed by a professional garage door/dealer installer.
- 47% have never had a garage door professional inspect or service their garage door(s).
- 34% admit that no one in their household has ever personally tested the safety features of their garage door(s) and/or garage door opener(s).
- 27% say that their garage door’s hinges and rollers have never been lubricated.
- 12% say that they are not at all sure when their garage door’s hinges and rollers were last lubricated.
Does any of that sound familiar? It doesn’t have to be that way. Regular and proper maintenance is the answer. We recommend you think of garage door maintenance in the same way you think of regular oil changes for your car – a scheduled task that ensures your devices continue to perform safely and efficiently. Contact us today to schedule your inspection and maintenance appointment.